Wednesday, October 27, 2010

autumn

I can't choose a favorite season.  I just can't do it.  Summer means beach and family, spring means flowers and Easter, winter means skiing and Christmas and more family, and fall means beautiful colors, crunchy leaves, hot apple cider, thanksgiving, pilgrims, pumpkin muffins, pumpkin cookies, pumpkin ice cream, trick or treating, a new school year (or job), and the perfect running weather...
So maybe I am a little biased towards one season... or maybe it's just the fact that autumn on the east coast is the most beautiful sight EVER. 
Autumn in Washington, DC Royalty Free Stock Photo
Speaking of running (we weren't really speaking of running, but whatever), I'm in love.  With running.  I ran my first marathon last saturday, the Baltimore Under Armour Marathon.  It was the most incredible experience- to train so hard for 18 weeks and then to actually complete such a big goal was one of the best experiences of my life!  I had incredible support from my mom, grandparents, aunt, cousins, other family members, and countless friends who all wished me good luck, helped me de-stress, and cheered for me along the way.  I couldn't have done it without everyone!




I can't possibly give a recap on the past few weeks of my life- but I have some cool pictures that I've snatched from different people's fbooks... so here is life as an intern in pictures...

Some of the crew in Central Park
Me and Britt
Best day of work!  I'm walking through the U.S. Capitol and to my disbelief, there's the Gummow Family!
More NYC
Air and Space Museum- for some strange reason I look really short...
One of the most powerful rooms in the world
Rehobeth Beach with Bre
National Gallery of Art- I grew up with this painting hanging on my wall. Such good memories!
Good Stuff Eatery- I'm not sure if a single person was ready for this picture...
Love this place and these people.


I can't believe I'm more than halfway done.  I feel like I just moved here.  This is my home!  Especially since I get to see these guys about once a week:



Well, except for him:
Which stinks. But more on that later...


Bottom line: life in the district is sweet.  I love DC.


1 comment:

  1. You are so COOL!
    I'm not even gonna list the reasons why because I'd just be re-writing this post. ALL these things make you so cool.
    Can't wait to see you when you return.
    And hug you!

    ReplyDelete