Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Almost there. Sort of.

It's finals week (and I should be studying) so, naturally, I am blogging.

It's really hard to study for two tests that are standing between you and your diploma.  But you know what's harder than that?  Graduating from college and then, immediately, going back.  And that is exactly what I will be doing next week.

Yep- I'm going to walk across the stage in the Marriott Center, in my cap and gown, in front of thousands of people, and get my diploma (well, diploma cover...) on Friday - but get this- I still have one more class to take!  My capstone is offered in the spring and I chose to take it then instead of cramming it into my ridiculously jam-packed schedule of six credits this semester.  I'm not really sure why I did that- but the closer I get to graduation, the more thankful I am for this weird decision.  You see, the very FIRST thing anyone says after you inform them that you are graduating in April is "OH  how exciting!  So what are you doing afterwards??"  And instead of going "uhhh weelll, uhhh I'm not actually sure... haven't thought that far ahead yet..."  I can confidently reply "going to school."  And then they excitedly squeal "ohhhh my gosh grad school?" and I say "nope. undergrad."  And then they walk away, confused, wondering if I was lying about graduating in April.  But I'm not. 

And to prove it, I'll have pictures posted shortly. Stay tuned.

Also, to show how cool my school is (which may be partly why I'm staying in school past my graduation date), this is what I saw as I walked home from school yesterday:

So I guess they're worried about spontaneous firework shows on the lawn of the Museum of Peoples and Cultures.  But interestingly enough, when I first read the sign, I only saw "Fireworks allowed on the grass" and thought BYU is AWESOME.

No comments:

Post a Comment